From history to home-improvement, shop our best selling books. Find the best books at the official Discovery Channel store.
- Hippos Can't Swim: And Other Fun Facts (Hardcover) Book
- Did you know that hippos can’t swim? This hilarious book is full of fun facts about all sorts of animals, from sleepy ants to jellyfish that glow! Did you know that a zebra’s stripes are as unique as a human’s fingerprints? How about that ants take about 250 naps per day? Or that some… [ read more ]
- Discovery Channel Sharkopedia: The Complete Guide to Everything Shark Book
- Add this Discovery Channel Sharkopedia: The Complete Guide to Everything Shark Book (2013) to your shark books collection and find out everything you ever wanted to know about these mysterious sea critters. This 8.5-by-10.2-inch paperback book from the Discovery Channel Store is a perfect… [ read more ]
- Dinopedia: The Complete Guide to Everything Dinosaur (Paperback) Book
- Get ready to become a dinosaur expert! Dinopedia: The Complete Guide to Everything Dinosaur is the ultimate visual guide to the incredible Age of Dinosaurs, a period of time millions of years ago when these amazing creatures lived on Earth. Packed with over 400 photographs and fascinating… [ read more ]
- Hey Mr. Green: Sierra Magazine's Answer Guy Tackles Your Toughest Green...
- The paperback Hey Mr. Green: Sierra Magazine's Answer Guy Tackles Your Toughest Green Living Questions makes going green as entertaining as it is wise. Popular columnist Bob Schildgen uses his good humor to guide readers on energy conservation, sustainable food and water practices and more.… [ read more ]
- Into the Storm: Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-defying...
- An eye-of-the-hurricane view of storm chasing from the star of the Discovery Channel hit series Storm Chasers. Only one in ten chases actually intercept a tornado-unless you're Reed Timmer. The thrill-seeking meteorologist and star of Storm Chasers has followed and faced down more violent… [ read more ]
- North America: A World in One Continent (Hardcover) Book
- The North American continent stretches over 9.5 million square miles, and is home to more than 500 million people, who share it with hundreds of thousands of species of mammals, birds, insects, and plants—many of them extraordinary, unforgettable, and unique. With 150,000 miles of coastline,… [ read more ]
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions...
- From the creator of the wildly popular webcomic xkcd, hilarious and informative answers to important questions you probably never thought to ask Millions of people visit xkcd.com each week to read Randall Munroe’s iconic webcomic. His stick-figure drawings about science, technology,… [ read more ]
- Naked Eggs And Exploding Potatoes (Paperback) Book
- From Flying Toilet Paper to Kitchen Chemistry Quicksand, the experiments in Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes will turn readers on to life’s small wonders. The author transforms the ordinary into the amazing as he makes everyday items ooze, bubble, fizz, bounce, and smoke. These easy and… [ read more ]
- My First 100 Trucks (Hardcover) Book
- Your little one will love to discover the incredible trucks and things that go inside this bright board book. There are 100 different truck photographs to look at and talk about, and 100 truck names to read and learn, too. The pages are made from tough board for hours of fun reading, and the… [ read more ]
- Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide: Protection Techniques for Encounters With the...
- Armed with the paperback Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide book, you'll be prepared for just about any situation you encounter when you and your team of ghost hunters explore a neighborhood graveyard, haunted basement, or anywhere where you've heard reports of mysterious goings-on. Most folks… [ read more ]
- Kids Meet The: Dinosaurs Book
- Dinosaurs come to life in the wonderful Kids Meet series, with its appealing die-cut elements that pop off the edges of every page. Filled with terrific information and extraordinary illustrations, it feeds kids’ imaginations and transports them to a time eons ago when these fascinating… [ read more ]
- Let's Create Letters (Board Book) Book
- Introduce your child to the letters of the alphabet, the first step in learning to read! In this engaging adventure, kids follow Zany Zebra through different classroom setting to identify key objects related to letters, and then they get to create their own letters and PLAY-DOH sculpts using… [ read more ]
- ABC Oceans (Board) Book
- From Anemone to Zooplankton, this big, colorful board book—developed with the American Museum of Natural History—will enchant and educate children! Filled with eye-catching photos of 26 sea animals, it features fun facts about each creature even as it teaches the ABCs. Kids will love meeting… [ read more ]
- The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook (Paperback)
- The paperback The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook features 77 essential skills for stopping climate change, each broken down into easy-to-follow instructions. Despite the weighty topic, the authors use a lighthearted tone to give practical advice. The global warming book appeals… [ read more ]
- Trees and Forests of America (Hardcover)
- The hardcover Trees and Forests of America book features 200 hundred spectacular photographs of America's trees. Noted photographer Tim Palmer has a gift for representing nature in all its grandeur. In his newest nature book, Trees and Forests of America, Palmer delves deep into forests from… [ read more ]
- Atlas Of The Universe Book
- With 75 maps of the planets, constellations, and galaxies--and more than 800 illustrations--this visually stunning, oversized book brings the farthest reaches of outer space to readers firsthand. With cutaway views that depict what planets look like inside; topographical maps showing the… [ read more ]
- Chelsea Green Guides Book Set (Paperback)
- The paperback Chelsea Green Guides Book Set includes six pocket-sized books, each packed with tips for greening up your life. The books feature easy-to-implement ideas for the home, the office, even your bank account. The Chelsea Green Guides Book Set appeals to new "greenies" as well as… [ read more ]
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book Of Space (Hardcover) Book
- This beautiful book is the latest addition to the National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book series. These colorful pages will introduce young children to the wonders of space, with colorful illustrations by David Aguilar and simple text that is perfect for beginning readers or for… [ read more ]
- Cash Cab: A Collection of the Best Trivia from the Hit Discovery Channel...
- The fast-paced, fact-driven, backseat game show fans can now play without hailing a taxi. It's the best, the most challenging, and the most popular questions from Cash Cab-and they're all no fare. Features: Organized for easy one-on-one read-along trivia, or game playing mode … [ read more ]
- Little Blue Truck (Hardcover) Book
- Beep! Beep! Beep! Meet Blue. A muddy country road is no match for this little pick up--that is, until he gets stuck while pushing a dump truck out of the muck. Luckily, Blue has made a pack of farm animal friends along his route. And they're willing to do whatever it takes to get their pal… [ read more ]
- 300+ Mosaic Tips, Techniques, Templates And Trade Secrets (Paperback) Book
- With information gleaned from years of working for and studying with professional mosaic artists from around the world, this comprehensive guide provides essential information for creating beautiful mosaics that survive the elements and stand the test of time. Offering hundreds of valuable… [ read more ]
- A Curious Discovery: An Entrepreneur's Story (Hardcover)
- Learn about the Discovery Channel story in A Curious Discovery: An Entrepreneur's Story (Hardcover). This fascinating Discovery Channel book by John Hendricks explores the author's history and describes how his curious nature helped him build a powerful media empire. The book offers a… [ read more ]
- An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth (Hardcover) Book
- The author charts the course of his career as an astronaut, detailing how he overcame slim odds on account of his Canadian nationality to become one of NASA's most decorated astronauts while offering an intimate look at life in space. [ read more ]