DC Cupcakes: Season 1 DVD
SKU ID #289247
List Price: $19.95
You Save: $14.98 75% off
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 132 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: Discovery Comm
- DVD Release Date: February 8, 2011
In DC Cupcakes Series 1 DVD, sisters Sophie and Katherine have been living the American Dream since opening their own small business, if the American Dream includes waking up at 4:30am, steaming lattes and frosting over 5,000 cupcakes a day. Together, they own Georgetown Cupcake and are Washington DC's newest food phenoms. The DC Cupcakes DVD shows you in series 1 that previous careers in fashion and finance did little to prepare them for the challenges they now face as the business is poised to explode on to the national scene.
With feuding staff, a brand new location and customers lining up around the block, Sophie and Katherine must figure out how to increase their output without compromising the taste and quality that has made their cupcakes famous. Series 1 of the DC Cupcakes video shows that with the future of their business on the line, all eyes are on the Cupcake Sisters as they attempt to conquer the world one cupcake at a time.
Buy the DC Cupcakes Series 1 DVD, and tempt your taste buds as you're sucked into the drama that the sisters and staff of Georgetown Cupcakes cook up.
1) Mardi Gras: Sisters Sophie and Katherine own and operate one of the most successful cupcake bakeries in Washington, DC, "Georgetown Cupcake." With Valentine's Day upon them, they rush to prepare over twenty thousand cupcakes for their biggest weekend of the year. On top of that, Sophie and Katherine have to get really creative when they agree to donate a huge Mardi Gras mask made out of a thousand cupcakes for a St. Jude Children's Research Hospital fundraiser.
2) Roller Girls: The DC Roller Girl League asks sisters Sophie and Katherine to create an enormous version of their logo out of cupcakes for their opening day. The sisters are game, but fear they have bitten off more than they can chew when they scramble to complete the creation as thousands of roller derby fans start screaming for cupcakes. Meanwhile, a trip to an exotic ingredient warehouse inspires the sisters to develop a fun new cupcake flavor for Spring.
3) Pupcakes: Sophie and Katherine offer to support a DC Animal Rescue fundraiser by creating a life size dog out of cupcakes as a centerpiece for the event. As this gala is attended by both humans and dogs alike, the sisters also develop their first ever "pupcakes" for their canine friends, and rely on family dog Poochie to pick the best flavor.
4) Wedding Recipe: Sophie and Katherine take special orders all the time, but a soon-to-marry couple asks for wedding cupcakes that challenge the sisters' creative and baking skills. The couple wants an inventive mix of two family recipes, one from the Philippines and one from Germany, which proves to be a more complicated baking combination than the sisters bargained for. Also, new staff member Matt learns the ropes from Andres, but still manages to cross Sophie on his very first day on the job.
5) Greek Festival: Mommy invites her Greek Orthodox priest to the bakery to convince Sophie and Katherine to participate in the upcoming Greek festival their church is hosting. The sisters offer to come up with a Greek inspired cupcake and a giant work of Greek art made out of cupcakes — all to the delight of their very Greek mother. In the store, staff member Hannah crushes out on a classmate, but brings Andres to a boil when disaster strikes on her watch.
6) Fire House: When a local fireman asks Katherine for baking lessons, Sophie suggests that they'd be better off with her as a teacher, and the event turns into a sister vs. sister bake-off at the firehouse. Meanwhile, a picky customer sends back cupcakes for her daughter's Sweet 16 party, and the sisters have to scramble to redo them to the customer's very precise specifications.