Last American Cowboy DVD
SKU ID #290253
- Applies to in-stock items only
- 3-7 business days: Wed., Dec. 17, 12pm ET
- 1-2 business days: Sun., Dec. 21, 12pm ET
- Next business day: Mon., Dec. 22, 12pm ET
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 2
- Run Time: 344 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English
- Studio: Animal Planet
- DVD Release Date: December 23, 2011
- Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Genre: TV Series
- Color: Color
∑ Deleted Scenes
- Release Date: 2011
The Last American Cowboy DVD set is set in the breathtaking wilderness of Montana, where every Last American Cowboy battles each day to protect their legacy while providing for their future. Join three ranching families on their eight-month-long struggle to nurture thousands of calves from birth until the end of the season and their one payday of the year. Watch the Last American Cowboy videos as they wrestle with blizzards, disease, fires and death. Success hinges on hard work, loyalty, grit and determination. Itís clear from the Last American Cowboy Series DVD set that failure could put an end to their ranch and to a tradition sewn into the fabric of every American. These could be the final days of the Last American Cowboy.
Buy the Last American Cowboy DVD set, and see the hardworking cowboys of Montana fighting to keep up a traditional way of life in a modern world.
1. New Beginnings: At the start of Montana's calving season, three families brace for the hard work, stress and pressure of their eight-month-long struggle to raise herds of new-born cattle. Whether it's on horseback, in a helicopter or all alone, each ranch fights to shepherd new calves into the world and keep them alive as the long, brutal winter seeks to bring the season to an end before it can begin. Life, death, tradition and legacy all come into play as the cowboys are driven to exhaustion protecting our past and their future.
2. A Bitter Storm: Three Montana ranching families, consumed with bringing thousands of new calves into the world, get word of an approaching blizzard. Faced with the harsh reality that their animals could freeze to death in the wilderness, the already exhausted cowboys are thrown into a frenzy as everyonescrambles to protect the calves already born while new ones keep coming. Fear and anxiety bring tensions to a fever pitch. Failure means calving season could get buried by the snow along with the ranches as the legacy of the American Cowboy faces its greatest peril.
3. Hard Lessons: As calving season in Montana approaches its end, the pressure on all three ranching families intensifies when new obstacles arise to make life even tougher. Disease, hay shortages, and financial hardship force the cowboys to make difficult choices that impact not only their season, but the future of their ranches and the heritage they all strive to preserve. The resulting tension puts a strain on relationships and shines a light on the everyday challenges of balancing work and family.