Orion SkyQuest XT10g Computerized GoTo Dobsonian Telescope
SKU ID #381666
The Orion SkyQuest XT10g Computerized GoTo Dobsonian Reflector by Meade is a great advanced user telescope. Constructed with the latest technology, the Orion SkyQuest XT10g Computerized GoTo Dobsonian Reflector is made of the highest level of optics and mechanics, which may require more skill to master and appreciate, but offers the ultimate in performance. Using a system of mirrors to produce images, this Orion SkyQuest XT10g Computerized GoTo Dobsonian Reflector is excellent for faint deep sky objects like remote galaxies because of the larger aperture. They provide the brightest view per dollar spent.Features & Benefits:
- Fully computerized GoTo system.
- Finds and automatically tracks any of over 42,000 celestial objects.
The Orion SkyQuest XT10g GoTo Dobsonian is ideal for seeing details of deep space objects as well as the Moon and planets. Orion Dobsonians have always been known for superb optical and mechanical quality, wonderful ease of use, and remarkably affordable prices. One other thing they - and almost all other Dobs on the market - have had in common: you pushed the telescope to your observing target by hand. Until now. Orion is pleased to herald another giant leap in Dobsonian evolution with the introduction of the SkyQuest XTg series of fully motor driven GoTo Dobsonians. Now, pointing a Dob to even the most elusive of NGC curiosities is as easy as pushing a button or two on the XTg Dobsonians' illuminated hand controller. High-torque servo motors guided by two pairs of high-resolution encoders then slew the telescope right to your object of interest. No more nudging the telescope tube continuously to keep the object from drifting out of the field of view, either. The XTg automatically tracks the object's motion, keeping it centered in the eyepiece while you savor the view. What's more, the closed-loop electronics of the XTg let you move the telescope manually - or endure the accidental bump - without losing orientation for accurate, automated GoTo pointing!
- 10” aperture Dobsonian Reflector Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
- Dust Cover
- 28mm Deep View eyepiece, 2” barrel diameter
- 12.5mm Illuminated Plössl eyepiece, 1.25” barrel diameter
- EZ Finder (with bracket)
- Collimation cap
- Eyepiece rack
- 2 Eyepiece rack wood screws (20mm long, color black)
- 2 Hex Keys (2mm, 3mm)
- Tube to base securing knob
- Hand controller holster (with 2 assembly screws)
- Left panel (with altitude motor pre-installed)
- Right panel
- Front brace
- Ground baseplate assembly (with azimuth motor pre-installed)
- 6 Base assembly wood screws (coarse thread, 47mm long)
- 8 Base assembly machine screws (fine thread, 60mm long)
- 3 Handles
- 6 Handle mounting screws (hex head, 25mm long)
- 2 Hex Keys (size 4mm, 6mm)
- 3 Feet wood screws (1” long)
- Hand controller
- Hand controller cable
- AZ motor connection cable
- RS-232 computer cable
- Primary mirror
- mirror cell
- 3 Collimation knobs
- 3 Nylon washers (3/4” outer diameter)
- 3 Springs
- 3 Plastic Feet
Find the entire Telescopes Frequently Asked Questions here.
Please note: this item is excluded from Discovery storewide promotions.