Everest: Beyond the Limit - Season 3 DVD
SKU ID #257946
List Price: $19.95
You Save: $12.98 65% off
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Language: English
- Studio: Discovery Comm
- Subtitles: English SDH
In the Everest Beyond the Limit Season 3 DVD, climbers risk everything to reach the summit of Mount Everest, the world's highest and most deadly mountain. 1 in 3 of those who attempt the ascent make it to the top — 1 in 20 die trying. The Everest Beyond the Limit DVD from season 3 shows that every year, hundreds from around the globe gather at Everest base camp to test themselves and the limits of endurance to achieve the ultimate mountaineering prize. Everest: Beyond the Limit follows the climbers who put their lives on the line for a chance to stand on top of the world.
Buy the Everest Beyond the Limit Season 3 DVD and ascend the glorious mountain with daredevils of all ages who battle the treacherous elements to achieve their dream.
1. First Summit Climbers gear up for the annual assault on Everest, and the mountain is ready to rumble. Unsteady, melting glacial ice triggers avalanches that tear down the slopes of Everest, turning the trek through the Kumbu Ice Falls to Camp One into a deadly game of Russian roulette. Millionaire adventurer, David Tait, pushes through the treacherous Ice Falls, and races to become the first team-member to reach the summit. Canadian climber Rejean Audet finds out that it takes more than heart to conquer Everest — and an avalanche buries a team of climbers, turning the adventure of a lifetime into a fight for survival.
2. Impossible Dream With a rogue storm front closing in on Everest, the window for a summit bid is rapidly closing. Most climbers retreat in the face of the on-coming storm, but for former college football player, John Golden, and his long-time climbing partner, John Shea, it's go time. Golden shattered his knee in a freak football accident years ago, and now walks on a surgically reconstructed knee. With every step, Golden pushes himself and his knee closer and closer to the breaking point. On Everest, he's just one slip away from stranding himself and the entire team on the slopes of the world's deadliest mountain.
3. Deadly Countdown Astronaut, Scott Parazynski, and senior citizen Dawes Eddy attempt a history-making summit bid. Veteran of 5 Space Shuttle missions, Scott is vying to become first person to walk in space and stand on top of the world's highest peak. For 66-year-old Dawes, a successful climb would make him the oldest American to reach the summit of Mount Everest. The climbers quickly find out that the mountain doesn't give up the prize easily. They'll have to run a lethal gauntlet of shifting ice, deep crevasses, and avalanches — if they make it through these obstacles, the Death Zone lies dead ahead, and the summit just beyond.
4. Death Zone Gridlock Hundreds of climbers head for the summit on the same day, leading to human traffic jams on the icy slopes of Everest. At 28,000 ft up, the traffic is deadly. With the bottled oxygen supply running low and hypothermia setting in, Russ's guides take matters into their own hands, pushing aside rival teams to clear a path to the summit.
5. One Last Breath The season is drawing to a close, and the weather is growing worse by the day. With a storm system closing in on Everest, Russ gives the go-ahead for his final team of climbers to begin their ascent, betting that they'll make it to the summit and back before the deadly storm hits. But he's gambling on the weakest team of the season. To beat the storm and survive Everest, they'll need to climb like their lives depend on it — because they do.