Into the Storm: Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-defying Adventures in Extreme Weather (Paperback)
SKU ID #305798
- Applies to in-stock items only
- 3-7 business days: Tues., Dec. 16,
- 1-2 business days: Mon., Dec. 22,
- Next business day: Tues., Dec. 23,
- Additional Details
- Dimensions: 8.50 H x 0.75 D x 5.75 W inches
- Format: Paperback
- Number of Pages: 281 Pages
- Release Date: September 6, 2011
Only one in ten chases actually intercept a tornado-unless you're Reed Timmer. The thrill-seeking meteorologist and star of Storm Chasers has followed and faced down more violent tornadoes than anyone. Into the Storm brings readers into the mind of this man and his mission-collecting data that could save lives-in the terrifying, awe-inspiring world of big weather.
Into the Storm is also a fascinating look at the science of weather-what causes extreme conditions, its connection to climate change, and how a tornado gets its stovepipe structure.