NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. The Pet Week: Caption Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence and are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities, which are final and binding. An entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
- Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- The Contest begins on Monday November 13, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday November 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
- How to Enter. During the Contest Period, you must like the Discovery Store Facebook page and comment on a pet photo posted on the Facebook page. Entrants may enter the Contest only one time per day. Internet access and a Facebook account are required.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Facebook account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Entry Requirements. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person who submits the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated online entries are permitted. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are eligible to win (“Eligible Entries”).
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of Eligible Entries received and the skill of the Entrant.
- Winner Selection & Prize. At the close of each Entry Period, a panel of judges chosen by the Sponsor will choose a one potential winner(s) from among all Eligible Entries received. Eligible Entries will be judged on the following criteria: (1) creativity (50%); and (2) humor (50%). Sponsor may select fewer than seven potential winners if an insufficient number of Eligible Entries is received. In the event of a tie, the potential winner with the highest score will win.
The prize consists of an Animal Planet T-Shirt (ARV: $25.00) or Sock (ARV: $20.00) at the winner’s discretion and an Animal Planet Pet Chew Toy (ARV: $8.00). Approximate Retail Value of the prize is $231.00.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prizes not specified herein as being included.
- Winner Notification. The potential winners will be contacted via Facebook message. Inability to contact a potential winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, or the failure of the potential winner to respond to the prize notification in 48 hours will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
- By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities and its prize suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, property damage, or death arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto).
Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. You agree to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Entities due to or arising out of your Entry, or your conduct in creating an Entry or otherwise in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
- General Conditions. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select a winner from all non-suspect Eligible Entries received prior to such event. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or whose acts or deeds (actual or perceived) would or might be deemed detrimental to Sponsor's reputation, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to permit Contest Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. If you participate from your mobile phone, such activity will be subject to the charges pursuant to your wireless service provider’s rate plan. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Promotion. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Promotion.
- Governing Law. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Winner List. To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Monday December 11, 2017, to Pet Week: Caption Contest Winner List, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
©2017 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.