An item as common as a sliver of onion skin reveals unexpected dimensions and ignites curiosity when viewed through theÂ ExploreOne 45 Piece 900X Microscope Set with Case. One of theÂ best STEM toys you can buyÂ for your child is a microscope, because they can be used indoors or outdoors to explore hidden worlds and it prepares your child for a life of science learning. With this 900X Microscope Kit, youngÂ scientists will find everything they need to begin exploring the hidden microscopic realm.
A true classic, thisÂ 900x Microscope KitÂ is aÂ low cost,Â high-qualityÂ microscope. ItÂ combines a 20x eyepiece with a rotating turret of three objective lenses to offer magnifications of 100x, 400x and 900x and *built-in illumination. It also includes a color filter wheel to to enhance contrast to give specimens extra definition, see features below.
Accessories include collection/prepping tools, prepared and blank slides, a shrimp hatchery and more. The microscope and all of its accessories can be easily secured in the hard shell case to help protect the optics and accessories from dust when in transit or storage.
*Two AA batteries not included.
- The original classic 28 Piece 900X Microscope now gives you more with 45 pieces in the set. Included are all necessary tools for observing the included prepared slides, hatching the included eggs of real Brine Shrimp, and for gathering and storing of specimens collected in the field.Â
- Three objective lenses mounted on a rotating turret provideÂ magnifications of 100x, 400x and 900x.
- Smooth rack and pinion focusing mechanism allows for careful adjustment to view the specimen at its sharpest.Â
- The microscope arm and the base are made of rugged cast metal for many years of use. Net weight of the 900x Microscope with batteries installed is just 16 ounces.Â
- The adjustable microscope arm and be adjusted over a wide range for the most comfortable viewing angle.Â
- The generous 66mm x 73mm stage with clips (that secure the microscope slides on the stage) is large enough to easily centerÂ specimens under the objective lens.
- The under-the-stage reversible illuminator unit combines a flat mirror for using ambient light, and a white LED for powered illumination and is fully adjustable to put the illumination where you need it on the specimen. Two AA batteries fit in a compartment in the base to allow anytime, anywhere illumination.
- Under-the-stage eight position color filter/aperture (four full aperture color filters red, yellow, blue, and green; and four clear apertures (2mm, 3mm, 6mm, and 10mm) on a single wheel disk with click stops at each position is used to enhance contrast.Â
- The *storage case with its clear inspection window, holds the microscope and all the supplied individual components for safe storage. *Case color may vary.
- Defined and set by ASTM International to help consumers have confidence in the things they buy and use, theÂ ExploreOne 45 Piece 900X Microscope Set with Case - 88-50101 meets or exceeds ASTM International Toy Safety Testing Standards:Â ASTM F963 - 17
How can I contact the Discovery Store?
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST
We typically respond to emails within 1 business day of receipt.
ORDERS AND SHIPPING
How long will it take to receive my order?
Orders typically take 7 – 10 business days to ship, depending on the order. All Discovery orders are custom made and printed on-demand. Delivery time varies based on your location and size of your order.
How do I track my order?
You will receive a confirmation email when we receive your order. If you do not receive the confirmation message within a short time of placing your order, please check your Spam or Junk folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, make sure you mark the confirmation as Not Spam, which should allow future messages to get through to you. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with your tracking information.
Do you ship products Internationally?
We ship products throughout the world with the exception of the EU.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
What is your return policy?
We want you to love your purchase. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we accept returns or exchanges within 30 days from the date you received your order, and you will be charged a 15% re-stocking fee. Shipping fees are not refundable.
Note that items must be returned unused, in the original condition and packaging. Customer pays return shipping.
How do I return or exchange an item?
We accept returns or exchanges within 30 days from the date you received your order. Please contact customer service at email@example.com with your name, order number and reason for returning the item(s).
Customer service will respond via email within 1 – 3 business days with instructions on how to return or exchange.
Who pays for shipping on items for return?
You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning your item. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
Who pays for shipping on items for exchange?
You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning your item. We will send the new item out to you at no extra cost.
What if an item is damaged or defective?
If you received an item which is damaged or defective, please send a photo of the item and the defect or damaged area to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email and order # in your correspondence. We will review the photo and respond with further instructions.
What if I’ve received the item as a gift and I want to return or exchange?
Please contact customer service at email@example.com for returns/exchanges of gifts. Customer service will respond via email within 1 – 3 business days with instructions.
How long until I receive my refund?
Please allow 7 – 10 business days for your return to be processed by our warehouse. The amount of time for the refund to reflect back on your account will depend on your financial institution. Please contact your bank, credit card company or other financial service provider for questions about timing of returned funds.