DISCOVERY STORE REWARDS PROGRAM - MEMBERSHIP - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the Discovery Store Rewards Program (“Loyalty Program”), and members of the program will earn points in connection with the purchase of qualifying online products that are redeemable towards the purchase of certain products online. To the extent Discovery Store products are available at brick-and-mortar retail establishments or third-party sites, such products are not eligible for accumulation of points.
- Eligibility. In order to be eligible for the Loyalty Program, you must create an account (“Account”) as outlined in these Terms and Conditions. You may create an Account if you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, have Internet access, and have a valid mailing address. If you choose to create an Account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account, username and password and for restricting access to your Account. You are responsible for keeping such information current, complete, accurate and truthful. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account, username and/or password. You agree to provide only current, complete, accurate and truthful information. If you are accessing and using the Site on someone else’s behalf, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as the principal to all Terms and Conditions provided herein, and to the extent you do not have such authority you agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to accept liability for harm caused by any wrongful use of the Site or Content resulting from such access or use. You may only have one Account per natural person. Persons who are discovered to have more than one Account forfeit their points and will be unsubscribed from the Loyalty Program.
- How To Enroll in the Loyalty Program. Create an Account by clicking on the button housed at the lower right side of www.store.Discovery.com (the "Site") and become a registered user of the Site. You will be asked for your first and last name, your email address, and a password. Once you have submitted the requisite information, you will immediately be sent an email to the address you listed confirming your membership. You are now enrolled in the Loyalty Program and are a member (“Member”).
- How to Access/Change Your Member Information. You must keep your personal information on your Account up to date. To do so, click on the "My Account" section and access your Account by entering your registered email address and current password. From your dashboard you can access your Account information; review your current and past orders; change your profile; and access your previous purchases.
- How to Cancel Your Membership. You may cancel your Account at any time. To cancel your Account, please send an email to StoreSupport@discovery.com and write “Cancel my Loyalty Program membership” in the subject line. The email must come from the Account currently listed on our servers as being associated with your Loyalty Program. If you no longer have access to that email address, please email our customer service department at StoreSupport@discovery.com and we will verify your status and cancel your Account. Upon cancellation, you are no longer a member and any unused points accrued in your Account will be forfeited, cannot be redeemed and cannot be transferred. Points maintain their value only on valid Accounts in good standing and have no cash value outside of their redemption value on the Site.
- General. Members can earn points on the purchase of qualifying online products at www.store.discovery.com. To receive points for your Online purchases, you must be signed into your Account. You may check at any time to see if you are signed into the Site by looking at the button housed in the lower right hand corner of the Site. Gift cards do not qualify for points. Other products that do not qualify for points are noted on the Site.
- Earning Rate. Provided you are logged into your Account, Members will earn 5 points for every $1.00 spent on qualifying purchases. Points on eligible purchases are based on your order subtotal, after any discounts, only. Points are rounded down to the nearest 5th. For example, if you spend $9.99, you will receive 50 points; if you spend $9.35, you will receive 40 points. Note: Shipping and taxes are not taken into consideration when calculating points. If an item is return and/or price adjusted that will also be removed from your rewards calculations.
- Gift Cards. Gift card purchases are not eligible to receive points. However, once a gift card is redeemed, points will be awarded to the recipient for the subtotal after any gift card values, provided s/he is logged into their Account, as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Addition of Points to Accounts. Points will be added to your Account under the following conditions and will generally show up immediately. Provided you are logged in to your Account, Members will earn:
(a) 100 points when they create an Account;
(b) 50 points when they press the social share button and complete the actions required (this is good one time only);
(c) 50 points when they press the social follow button and complete the actions required (this is good one time only); and
(d) 1,000 points, or a $10 coupon, for referring a friend to www.store.Discovery.com. The points will be added to your Account only if the referral friend used the link sent to them from your Account and makes a qualifying purchase.
Exclusions. Members earn points only on the purchase price of qualifying online products at www.store.discovery.com. Calculation of points excludes payment by the Member for shipping charges and all taxes, including without limitation, federal, state, and local taxes or use taxes. Points will not be earned on any discounts or other credits offered in connection with a product or service. For example, if a product that is normally $50 is on sale for $25, a Member will only earn points on the purchase price of $25. Purchases of gift cards, redemption of vouchers, and any type of price adjustments, including merchandise returns, are not eligible for points. All purchases made by a Member prior to such Member joining the Loyalty Program and/or all purchases made by a Member on the Site without the Member being logged onto their Account on the Site are not eligible for Loyalty Program credit. Purchase of Discovery Store products outside the https://store.discovery.com/ website are not eligible for the Loyalty Program. Wholesale Retailers are not eligible to participate in the Rewards Program.
Returns/Order Cancellations. Points earned for a purchase that is then the subject of a return, cancellation, refund, declined credit card or gift card, or other credit will be deducted from your Account in an amount equal to the points earned for the original transaction. Any rewards discounts that are applied to the order, will be distributed equally to the applicable items in the order when completing a return. Points redeemed on an order will not be reapplied back to your Account for any reason on a returned order. If a return/cancellation will cause your Account to have a negative point balance, you will not begin earning points again until your points balance is returned to zero (0) by making purchases. If an item is exchanged (different size/product) any redeemed rewards on the initial purchase may be transferred to the exchange one (1) time only.
- Referring a friend to www.store.Discovery.com. When the referral friend uses the link you sent them from your referral account and they open an account and make a quality purchase your friend will receive 500 points, (a $5.00 coupon). You need to enter the email address of a friend who has not purchased on the Discovery Store before (if your referral has shopped on www.store.Discovery.com before, the referral link will automatically be voided by the system). 1,000 points, or a $10.00 coupon will automatically be applied to your Account if stipulations are met.
III. REDEEMING POINTS
- How To Use Your Points. Points must be used in increments outlined in these Terms and Conditions. The maximum number of points that may be used in a single transaction is 2,000 points. The minimum purchase for which 600 points will apply is $10.00; the minimum purchase for which 1,000 points will apply is $15.00; and the minimum purchase for which 2,000 points will apply is $30.00. Points may only be used on the store.discovery.com Site. Members can use their points to reduce the purchase price of a product or to receive a product for free based on the following scale:
600 points = $6.00 off
1,000 points = $10.00 off
2,000 points = $20.00 off
Points can only be redeemed in any combination of the point and increment amounts set forth above. Redemption of points towards purchases of products is subject to product availability. Any point discounts that are applied to the order, will be distributed equally to the applicable items in the order when completing a return.
Gift cards. Points cannot be used towards the purchase of gift cards. Gift card redemption, however, is eligible for points. Points accrued pursuant to the use of a gift card will benefit the gift card user, provided the user has an Account in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
To Redeem your Points. Beforeyou begin shopping on www.store.Discovery.com, sign into your Account. Select “Redeem Points” from the button housed in the lower right hand corner of the screen and select the amount of points you would like to redeem. You will be issued a custom code that you can copy and paste into the discount bar during check out (Please note - only one code can be used). Your total payment amount will be discounted by the amount of points you allocate to the purchase. Note that points may only be redeemed for the purchase price of the product. Sales tax, shipping, and other handling charges assessed in addition to the price of the product are your responsibility and points may not be used to discount these additional charges.
Exclusions. Only one Account per natural person. Only one discount code can be redeemed per transaction. Points may not be combined with any other discount codes. Points may not be transferred or gifted at this time. Points cannot be used on past purchases. Points accumulated on different accounts by different members may not be combined or aggregated to make purchases of products or for any other reason. Points earned in a transaction cannot be redeemed in the same transaction. Points cannot be retroactively applied to any past order or receive a price adjustment on any order. Points have no cash value outside of www.store.Discovery.com Site and are available only to members in good standing.
- Once points are redeemed, a discount code will be assigned and we are unable to cancel the discount code and reapply the points to your Account.
By registering with www.store.Discovery.com and joining the Loyalty Program, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other terms that may be associated with the Loyalty Program. Discovery reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or restrict the Loyalty Program, your Account, the redemption of points, or any aspect of the Loyalty Program, including, without limitation, the point conversion ratio and the point expiration policy at any time. Any changes can be made without advance notice. Discovery may make these changes even though such changes may affect your ability to use points already accumulated. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the Program Terms and Conditions. A Member's points balance, as reflected in www.store.Discovery.com’s records, shall be deemed correct. Discovery reserves the right to determine the amount of points in any Member's Account based on www.store.Discovery.com’s internal records related to such Member's Account. In the event of an inconsistency between the amount accrued in a Member's Account as stated on any Member's receipt and www.store.Discovery.com’s internal records, Discovery’s internal records will control. www.store.Discovery.com assumes no responsibility for errors caused by incorrect Member information. Your right to transfer points earned or granted under the Program is prohibited. The sale of points is prohibited and may result in the confiscation or cancellation of your points as well as suspension or termination of your Account, which in each case shall be final and conclusive. All transactions involving points and all Member Accounts are subject to review and verification by www.store.Discovery.com. The points balance in a Member's Account may be unavailable for use when an Account or transaction is under review. www.store.Discovery.com may revoke any Member's Account in the Loyalty Program at any time if such Member engages in abuse of the Loyalty Program or fails to follow the terms and conditions of the Loyalty Program. Fraud or abuse relating to the accrual of points or redemption of rewards may result in revocation of membership in the Loyalty Program. Points are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The interpretation and application of the Program's Terms and Conditions are at the sole discretion and determination of www.store.Discovery.com.
The Terms and Conditions of the loyalty program are subject to change at www.store.Discovery.com’s sole discretion at any time and without notice to customers. Upon customer’s at-will termination of their www.store.Discovery.com registered Account, or if a customer is terminated for violation of these Terms and Conditions or other activities in violation of the intent and good faith intended use of this Site, all points will immediately be forfeited and will no longer be redeemable. www.store.Discovery.com will make reasonable efforts to award points as outlined in these Terms and Conditions but is not responsible for any technical or unforeseen errors that may occur.